Discovering I have ADHD wasn’t just the beginning of changing how I felt about myself but also the first step in learning to navigate a world designed for and inhabited by people with normally (neurotypical) wired brains.
What is ADHD coaching?
ADHD coaching is a specialist form of coaching that blends three aspects:
- Life coaching
- Education about ADHD and how it might affect you
- Working with you to develop systems and strategies that are tailored to your specific needs and environment.
The focus of ADHD coaching is to help you set goals, develop strategies, be more organised, and help you take actions, so you are able to consistently get things done.
Depending on your needs, in our coaching sessions, some of the areas we’ll cover include:
- Discovering how your ADHD mind works (why you act, think, and feel like you do)
- Unpacking challenges at home, school or work that you feel are holding you back.
- Uncovering your unique strengths and discovering new skills and strategies to help you work around your weaknesses.
- Exploring practical tools, tips and life hacks that have worked for others with ADHD to help you consistently get things done.
- Experimenting with and choosing what works best for you.
I have two coaching approaches when working with ADHD clients:
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed with ADHD then we’ll work through all five areas, and work towards empowering you with the tools you need to thrive. We’ll work together to develop new systems and strategies, and create new habits that help you consistently get things done, and help you improve on specific areas of concern. Ultimately, you’ll write your personal owner’s manual, one that works for you and sets you up for success.
- If you’re generally doing okay but feel that you could benefit from help with a few specific areas or to achieve specific goals, or just need someone to you need to talk to when you need help, then we’ll focus on what you’re struggling with at the moment.
I’d love to work with you
Finding the right coach for you makes all the difference. Let’s have a 30 minute chat to explore how coaching can help you understand your ADHD and reach your full potential, and so you can ask me any questions you might have, and see if the fit is right for you.